Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas battles, braidout and eyeshadow....

I went to a Christmas party with my husband this evening. I believe this may be the first Christmas party I have attended as an adult.... We are actually somewhat celebrating Christmas this year as well. We are not spending the holiday in Nassau as per our usual, so we can't simply concede to my in-laws wishes of giving our son a Christmas tree. He has asked so sincerely and looks so broken hearted when I try to explain to him that we do not really celebrate the holiday so we bought him a tree. I try to recall my parents tactics, well my father's fear instilling that people who celebrate holidays will be destroyed by Jehovah at Armageddon.... it never curbed my appetite for a tree but simply made me keep it to myself.




Anyhoo..... I decided I was tired of my week old mini individual braids and took them out just in time to get ready for the party, but not in time to wash or seriously style my hair. I had no plan and simply grabbed a handful of bobby pins and got to pinning. My result? Simple and cute. I decided to take pics after we returned home so this is four hours after my initial styling. Very simple, no frills, perhaps a bit tacky in the manner that the pins were showing, but eh, my hair was the longest and thickest there, so I feel I get leeway with my sloppy pin work. I've got more to deal with, though I do envy my friend's awesome fade.... Essentially, it's a mini-braid out. The braids I had in were tiny and though initially put in while my hair was straight, they shrunk some (however minimally) after I washed them. I got excited after looking at the pics because I see my hair has actually gotten thicker, something I once believed impossibly as well as longer. Keep in mind, this is shruken hair.  I wonder how it will look when flat ironed?




I also took some pics of my eyeshadow. Makeup is really a craft. I only wear mascara and eye-liner normally unless I have somewhere to go. I've been dabbling with color for a year and a half now but only once in a while. I feel I've come a long way. So here's my eyes. Maybe we'll do a comparison in a years to see how much my craft improves. My shadow is from www.coastalscents.com. One day soon, I'll get better lighting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment